Any user can follow existing tasks and can mark others as followers of particular tasks. Task followers can be used to notify or involve someone who would potentially collaborate on the task.
This article covers:
Enabling task followers
In order for this functionality to be available, the project owner or administrators need to enabled it first.
To enable task followers
- Click on Projects.
- Open the project of your choice.
- Click on Project Settings.
- Select the Task tab.
- Under Task Monitoring, choose Use Followers.
Following or adding someone as task follower
After the option has been enabled, a green plus button becomes visible at the very bottom of the task modal, right under the comment section.
To add yourself or someone else as follower
- Open the task of choice.
- At the bottom click on Followers green plus button.
- Search for or select the person to be added as follower. Once selected, the change is automatically saved.
About Followers Notifications
Resources that have been added as followers to a task will receive notifications on task updates and comments, if enabled in their personal notification settings. See Managing and viewing your personal Forecast notifications to find out more about how to manage notifications and choose what notification to receive.