With the External Access functionality it is possible to involve people from outside the project and have them create tasks. By enabling External Access to a project, a public task form is created which can be directly shared with your customers or third party partners to submit their requests directly to your project team in Forecast.
This article covers:
Enabling External Access
Project Owners or administrators can enable External Access for each individual project within the Project settings.
To enable a External Access
- Click on Projects.
- Select your project.
- Click on the three-dots icon on the top header.
- Select Settings.
- Click on Tasks tab
- Scroll down to the bottom and toggle 'Create New Task (External Access)'
- After enabled a couple of options appear:
- Page link: this is the URL you can give to your Client or third-party provider to submit their requests.
- Require Password to create task: to restrict access for task submission.
- Status column: choose here the automatic Workflow status for the tasks submitted through the public form.
Understanding the end-user experience
Once the page link is shared with the end-user (e.g. a Client or a partner) they will be able to fill in the required fields to submit a task into the Project it was enabled for.
The page contains:
- Vendor: name of the Forecast account.
- Project: name of the project in question.
- Your Company Name (mandatory): name of the company the Client belongs to.
- Your Name (mandatory): the requester's name.
- Your Email (mandatory): the requester's email address.
- Task Name (mandatory): name for the task to be performed.
- Description: a detailed description of the task.
- Deadline: end date for the task.
- Files: any attachments can be uploaded here if needed.
Article is closed for comments.