Forecast's Advanced Analytics helps professional services businesses fuel growth, by providing you with a platform where you can create at-a-glance visuals, advanced reports and dashboards using Forecast’s accurate, real-time data. Advanced Analytics empowers you with intelligent insights so you can take timely and proactive action, to increase revenue, mitigate risks, decrease costs and drive efficiency across the business.
This article covers:
- Accessing Advanced Analytics
- Overview of Advanced Analytics profiles
- Understanding Advanced Analytics features
Accessing Advanced Analytics
Once Advanced Analytics is added to your account, administrators can access their reporting account straight away. Other users must be provisioned the necessary permission profile, in order to have access. To learn more about granting the right permissions to your team members, see About permissions profiles and how they work.
Locating Advanced Analytics in Forecast
- Click on your Company tab on the header of your account, next to Projects tab
- Select Advanced Analytics tab
- Click on Go to Analytics button on the right sidebar, to open your Analytics account.
Overview of Advanced Analytics profiles
In order to secure your business data, Advanced Analytics provides two user permission profiles to configure a user's access and capabilities within your dashboards and reports. These profiles can be assigned to any user that has already a Forecast permission profile:
- Designers: can create, design, edit and share dashboards. Designers can determine whether the user with who they share a dashboard has the ability to edit (Designer) or can only view (Viewer)
- Viewers: can view, explore, drill down, select and filter dashboards shared by Designers. Cannot create new dashboards or edit existing ones.
Understanding Advanced Analytics features
Dashboards are a collection of one of more widgets that visualise the data you selected and designed.
Forecasts provides you with 4 pre-designed dashboards that provide you insights on your profits, portfolio performance, revenue and resources management. These dashboards are automatically shared with your organisation, they cannot be customised, however they can be duplicated to further tweaking.
By default you can access dashboards you created and those shared by others with you.
Forecast provides you with several dashboard templates, which you can clone and tweak for your own needs:
Task Report templates(2 versions)
Time report templates (2 versions)
Project Portfolio templates (2versions)
Utilization report templates (2 versions)
You can decide which widgets appear in the dashboard, their placement, their design, and the filtering that applies to the actual data.
- Creating and Managing Advanced Analytics Dashboards
- Customising your Advanced Analytics Dashboards
- Sharing your Advanced Analytics Dashboards
Widgets are dynamic visualisation of the data you select to see. Once you picked your data to report on, you have the ability to customise its visualisation by choosing a chart type. See Adding and Managing your Advanced Analytics Widgets for more information on how to build and add your own widgets to your dashboards.
Every widget is composed of fields that represent the data in your data sources. You can create widgets by choosing from the fields displayed in the Data Browser. To understand what data you can report on, check Overview of the Advanced Analytics Dataset for an overview of Forecast data model.
Formulas are freeform expressions which you can use to determine values and filters of a widget. This option gives you advanced flexibility in terms of the data to report on, as you can create your custom formulas based on your reporting needs. See Creating and Editing Formulas to learn more on how to configure your formulas.
Article is closed for comments.