Whenever you create a custom dashboard, you have the ability to share it with other users who have access to Advanced Analytics. Default dashboards are already shared with all users who have access to Advanced Analytics, although the ability to see the data depends on their main Forecast permission profile.
At the time you share the dashboard, you can define the level of access the shared user receives, by selecting the user role to either Designer or Viewer. See Getting Started with Advanced Analytics to read more about Advanced Analytics roles and permissions.
This article covers:
- Sharing a dashboard via link
- Exporting the dashboard as PDF file
- Exporting and importing a dashboard
Sharing a dashboard via link
In order to share a dashboard, you will need to generate a link to the shared dashboard version. This allows you to make changes to your dashboard without others seeing them, until you are ready to share. In order to be able to share with other team members, they will need to have accessed Advanced Analytics at least once, for their user to be active in the system.
To share a dashboard:
- Within Advanced Analytics, click the Share icon on the top right of your dashboard.
- Enter the name, email addresses or select the groups with whom you want to share the dashboard. Note: only Forecast users with Advanced Analytics permission profiles will be visible here.
- Choose the role the person should have within your dashboard. See Getting Started with Advanced Analytics for more information on selecting the appropriate one.
- Additional: Toggle the Email Reports button next to each user or group to define whether the user will receive scheduled email reports of the dashboard.
- Click Save to send the dashboard URL notification via email.
Exporting the dashboard as PDF file
It is possible to share the dashboard with other users by downloading a PDF version from the platform. Using the Report Preview settings, you can define content and design of your report in order to customise the PDFs according to your needs.
To export as PDF and customise:
- In your Advanced Analytics dashboard's top header, click on the PDF icon.
- Once the PDF Report Settings window open, you can toggle the preview to either Edit or View mode:
- Edit mode: In this mode you can resize your widgets, by dragging the widget borders.
- View mode: it only allows you to preview the dashboard that will be downloaded as PDF.
- In the left hand-menu you can customise the type of information to show you in your dashboard PDF export:
- Paper Size: The size used for the export in PDF.
- Orientation: to choose between landscape or portrait mode.
- Header: In this section you can select the style of the header and what information should be included.
Note: 'Data as of' option refers to the UTC time of the latest data refresh attempt (even if when the attempt failed).
- Footer: Select the information you want to show in the footer of the PDF.
Exporting and importing a dashboard
You have the ability to export a dashboard as a .dash file which will be downloaded on your computer. You can share this file with other Advanced Analytics users, who can then upload and import the dashboard in their account.
Any changes made on your dashboard after the file has been downloaded, do not reflect on the other user's imported dashboard. If you are looking for a dynamic, up-to-date dashboard, we recommend sharing a dashboard link instead.
To export a dashboard
- At the top right of your dashboard, click on the vertical three-dots-icon icon.
- Select Export from the dropdown menu.
- A dashboard export is now saved on your computer with .dash format.
To import a dashboard
- In the Dashboards list on the left side-bar, click on the + icon
- Select Import Dashboard from the dropdown menu.
- Select your exported .dash file.
- Once uploaded, the dashboard is added to your list of dashboards or folders. You can drag and drop it to select the desired location.