Advanced Analytics offers a customisable platform for creating, organising and sharing data. Dashboards are built on Forecast data model and thanks to with the Widget wizard, you can interactively add and customise widgets within your dashboards.
Once you create your own dashboard, you can share it with other users. See Sharing your Advanced Analytics Dashboard to learn more about sharing.
This article covers:
Creating a dashboard
Anyone with a Designer role can create, design and share dashboards, while viewers can view them when they are granted access through dashboard sharing.
To create a dashboard
- It is possible to create a dashboard in two ways:
Method 1: Head to the Analytics tab, click + on the left hand side right above the Dashboards list on the Navigation Panel.
Method 2: Right-click on the folder menu and select New Dashboard
- A window appears prompting you to set the Title and select the Data Source for the new dashboard.
Click on Data Source displayed to select the data model you want to work with.
Click on Title, and enter a name for the dashboard. This is the name that will appear at the top of the dashboard, and in the Dashboards list.
- Click Create.
Organising your dashboards
If you have many dashboards, it might be beneficial to organise your dashboards into folders and sub-folders.
To create a folder
- In the navigation panel, click + and select New Folder. The new folder is immediately added to your dashboards list.
Hover over the new folder and click the three-dots icon and select Rename to name your new folder.
You can create additional sub-folders within your folders by clicking the three-dots icon and selecting New Folder, then repeat Step 2.
Drag and drop your dashboards from other folders or the navigation panel to any of your folders to rearrange them.
Duplicating a dashboard
Forecast's Advance Analytics pre-built dashboards cannot be customised, however you can duplicate these dashboards if you want to gain editing rights. You can duplicate any dashboard to create an editable copy of the dashboard and all of its widgets. By cloning a dashboard you become the dashboard owner and can edit or add new widgets to it.
When duplicating a dashboard, the new one will be listed in your Navigation Panel under the copied dashboard and will have the same name plus a number, in the order it was created. For example, Sample Projects Overview (1) is a copy of Sample Projects Overview, while Sample Projects Overview(1)(1) is a copy of Sample Projects Overview(1).
To duplicate a single dashboard
- Hover over the dashboard’s name in the Navigation Panel.
- Click on the three-dots icon on the top right of the dashboard and select Duplicate.
To duplicate multiple dashboards
- Click the checkbox icon at the top of the Navigation Panel.
- Select the dashboards that you want to duplicate and then select Duplicate.
- Click the checkbox icon once more to hide the checkboxes.
Deleting a dashboard
If you no longer need to keep a dashboard, you have the option to delete it. This option allows you to keep your Navigation Panel clear and organised.
To delete a single dashboard
- Hover over or open the dashboard you'd like to delete, and click the three-dots icon.
- Select Delete.
To delete multiple dashboards
If you have multiple dashboards, you can bulk delete them from your list view.
- On the left side of your screen, switch over to list view by selecting the checkbox icon .
- Select the dashboards you'd like to delete.
- Click the trash bin icon.
- Confirm that you want to delete.
Article is closed for comments.