This recipe covers how to create a custom Advanced Analytics report to review tasks by priority label. The priority labels used in this recipe are custom created by an Admin user and are not default priority labels included in the platform.
- Skill level: Beginner
- Time needed: 10 minutes
- Plan required: Forecast Pro and Plus plans + Advanced Analytics
- Data required: Tasks with Labels
Creating the report in Advanced Analytics
- In Advanced Analytics, use '+' to create a new Dashboard.
- In 'New Dashboard / Please select a Data Source' to connect to, select 'Forecast DataModel', enter a name for your report in 'Title', and click 'Create.'
- In your new dashboard, click on '+ Select Data' to add a field for 'Task Label'.
- We will also add a value for task status by clicking on 'Is Done' to select it from the suggestion bar.
- In the Visualization settings, select the 'Pie Chart' chart type icon to adjust the report display to a pie chart.
- To adjust the report to show only tasks by their applied priority task label, click on 'Advanced Configuration' located at the lower left of the window.
- A new display will appear where you will see 'Categories' at the top of the left side panel.
- Hover over 'Task Label' to display the 'filter' icon and click on it to expand the filter options.
- Click in the 'Select All' box at the top of the list to untick all options.
- Then, tick only the boxes for the desired labels. Here we will tick the boxes for 'High Priority', 'Medium Priority' and 'Low Priority' and then click 'OK'.
- In the 'Values' section, click on the 'Sum' icon next to 'Total Is Done' to display the available value options.
- Click on the second option for 'Count All'.
- Now click 'Apply' in the top right of the menu bar to apply your changes.
- If you would like to see the report displayed for a certain period of time, you will need to add a date filter.
- On the right side of your screen, click the '+' icon above 'Filter Your Dashboard.' The '+' will change to blue when you hover over it.
- In the 'Add Filter' window, type 'Task Start Date' and select the option from the list.
- At the top, click on the caret next to 'Years' to expand the dropdown. Here we will select 'Months', however, you can set this to any time period you desire, and then click 'OK'.
- Once your filter has been created, you can adjust the displayed data to view for a specific month/s by clicking 'Include All' in the filter and then selecting the desired months from the list and clicking 'OK'.
- We will also add another filter for 'Is Done' to reflect only open tasks by clicking on the '+' icon next to Filters in the top right side panel.
- In the 'Add Filter' window, type 'Is Done' and then click to select it.
- In the next 'Add Filter' window, click the top box to de-select all options then click the box next to '0' and click 'OK'. This will filter to show only tasks that are in open status. Tasks marked as Done are represented by '1'.
- Now your report is ready to view.
- Clicking on a single piece within the graph will apply a quick access filter and display in the right side panel of the dashboard.
- When clicked, the piece of pie will appear to 'disconnect' from the rest of the graph.
- Click on a different piece to change the filter.
- To remove the filter, click onto the separated piece to move it back into the graph.
Article is closed for comments.