This recipe covers how to create a custom Advanced Analytics report to review tasks by assignee with a deadline this week. This report can assist in providing information on tasks that are about to be due, to monitor the progress and ensure completion.
- Skill level: Beginner
- Time needed: 10 minutes
- Plan required: Forecast Lite, Pro, or Plus plan + Advanced Analytics
- Permissions required: Designer permissions (See Getting Started with Advanced Analytics)
- Data required: Tasks, Deadline date (this week) and Task Assignees
Creating the report in Advanced Analytics
- In Advanced Analytics, open or create a Dashboard where you want to add the new widget.
- In the dashboard, under New Widget click on '+ Select Data' to open the data browser.
- In the data browser search for and select 'Task Assignees'.
- Click on the purple '+' button to add additional data and search for 'Task ID'.
- Before adding to the widget, hover over your selection until it's highlighted in bright yellow and click on 'More...' .
- Select 'All Items' from the pop-up menu.
- Click on the purple '+' again more to add additional data and search for 'Task Name'.
- Click the purple '+' once more to add additional data and search for 'Task Deadline Date'.
- Before selecting 'Task Deadline Date' hover over your selection until it turns bright yellow and click 'More...' .
- In the pop-up click on 'Days'.
- In the Visualization settings, select the 'Table' chart type icon to adjust the report display to achieve cleaner, more transparent view of the data.
- Click 'Create'.
- To add a filter to show only tasks due this week, click on the '+' above 'Filter Your Dashboard' on the right side panel.
- In the Add Filter window, type 'Task Deadline Date'.
- Before selecting 'Task Deadline Date', hover over your selection until it turns bright yellow and click on 'Filter...'.
- In the 'Add Filter' window, click on 'Years' in the dropdown and select 'Weeks'.
- Deselect the top box next to the dropdown for 'Weeks' to remove the check mark for all weeks.
- Click in the box next to the week number you are looking to report on to select it and click 'OK'.
- Your report is now ready to view.
- To adjust the filter to review tasks due in future or other weeks, hover next to the three dot menu in the filter for 'Weeks in Task Deadline Date' to display the pencil icon.
- Click on the pencil icon to open the Edit Filter window.
- Deselect the box for the current week.
- Select the box/es next to the weeks you want to review and click 'OK'.
Note: Dashboard filters MUST be added by Advanced Analytics Designers in order to allow Advanced Analytics Viewers the control over adjusting or editing the filtered data as desired in a shared dashboard. Advanced Analytics Viewers CANNOT add dashboard filters.
Article is closed for comments.