This recipe covers how to create a custom Advanced Analytics report to review your projects with due dates this month.
- Skill level: Beginner
- Time needed: 10 minutes
- Plan required: Forecast Lite, Pro or Plus plan + Advanced Analytics
- Permissions required: Designer permissions (See Getting Started with Advanced Analytics)
- Data required: Projects with end dates this month
Creating the report in Advanced Analytics
- In Advanced Analytics, open or create a Dashboard where you want to add the new widget.
- In the dashboard, under New Widget click on '+ Select Data' to open the data browser.
- In the Add a Field window, search for 'Project Name'.
- Click on the purple '+' button to add additional data, search for 'Project Owner Name' and select it from the list.
- Click on the purple '+' button to add additional data, search for 'Project Status Color' and select it from the list.
- Click on the purple '+' button once more to add additional data and search for 'Project End Date'.
- Before adding to the widget, hover over your selection until it's highlighted in bright yellow and click on 'More...'.
- Select 'Months' from the pop-up.
- In the Visualization settings, select the 'Table' chart type icon to adjust the report display to achieve cleaner, more transparent view of the data.
- Click 'Create'.
- To add a dashboard filter to show only projects ending this month, click on the '+' above 'Filter Your Dashboard' on the right side panel.
- In the Add Filter window, type 'Project End Date' and select it from the list.
- In the Add Filter window, click the dropdown next to 'Years' and select 'Months'.
- In the Add Filter window, click the box at the top next to 'Months' to de-select all months.
- Click the box next to the current month and click 'OK'.
- Your report is now ready to view.
Note: Dashboard filters MUST be added by Advanced Analytics Designers in order to allow Advanced Analytics Viewers the control over adjusting or editing the filtered data as desired in a shared dashboard. Advanced Analytics Viewers CANNOT add dashboard filters.
Article is closed for comments.