This recipe covers how to create a custom Advanced Analytics report to review unassigned Tasks. This report can assist in providing information on the tasks that do not have any team member assigned to them.
- Skill level: Beginner
- Time needed: 10 minutes
- Plan required: Forecast Lite, Pro, or Plus plan + Advanced Analytics
- Permissions required: Designer permissions (See Getting Started with Advanced Analytics)
- Data required: Tasks
Creating the report in Advanced Analytics
In Advanced Analytics, open or create a Dashboard where to add the new widget.
In the dashboard, under New Widget click on "+ Select Data" to open the data browser.
In the data browser search for and select Project Name.
Click on the purple "+" button to add additional data and search for 'Task'
This report will require several different fields. Select Task name, Task Assignees, Workflow Status, and Task Deadline Date.
Adjusting the deadline and assignee fields
Once you have chosen these fields you will need to adjust two of them so that the information required is displayed. By default, the deadline field will show the task deadline in years and the assignee field will take into consideration all of the team members and not only the tasks that are unassigned.
Adjusting the Task Deadline Date
- Hover over the Task Deadline Date and click on the three lines that appear. This will allow you to edit the way the deadline appears and change it from years to days or months.
- Hover over the Group By option and from the menu select the appropriate format (day or month or year etc.).
Adjusting the Task Assignee field
This is the field that has to be effectively filtered so that the report may only show tasks that have no one assigned to them. To achieve this:
- Hover over the Task Assignee field and click on the three lines that appear.
- Click on Filter.
- From the List option, unselect every other team member with the exception of the (blank) option. The report should now only show tasks that have N/A under Task Assignees.
- Click on Create to finalize the process.