This recipe covers how to create a custom Advanced Analytics report to review the total minutes registered by project name.
- Skill level: Beginner
- Time needed: 10 minutes
- Plan required: Forecast Pro and Plus plans + Advanced Analytics
- Data required: Projects with time registrations
Creating the report in Advanced Analytics
- In Advanced Analytics, use '+' to create a new Dashboard.
- In 'New Dashboard / Please select a Data Source' to connect to, select 'Forecast Data Model', enter a name for your report in 'Title', and click 'Create.'
- In your new dashboard, click on '+ Select Data' to add fields for 'Project Name' and 'Project Minutes Registered'.
- In the Visualization settings, select the 'Pie Chart' chart type icon to adjust the report display to a pie chart.
- At the bottom, click 'Create'.
- If you would like to see the report display for a certain period of time, you will need to add a date filter.
- On the right side of your screen, click the '+' icon above 'Filter Your Dashboard.' The '+' will change to blue when you hover over it.
- In the 'Add Filter' window, enter 'Date' on the top line 'Type to search for fields'. This returns all possible options for date filters.
- Scroll to the bottom of the returned list and select 'Date' under the heading 'Time Registration'.
- At the top, click on the caret next to 'Years' to expand the dropdown. Here we will select 'Months', however, you can set this to any time period you desire, and then click 'OK'.
- In the next window, you can select specific time periods for the date filter by ticking/unticking the boxes corresponding to the desired years or you can Include All by leaving the boxes for all months/years ticked. As we are interested only in the current year's projects we will click the box next to 'Months' to deselect all, then click the boxes next to the months for the year 2022 and then click 'OK'.
- An additional filter for 'Quarter' can be created by clicking the '+' next to 'Filter' in the top right corner.
- Once your filter/s have been created, you can adjust the displayed data to view for a specific month/s by clicking the month/year in 'Months in Date' or quarter in 'Quarter in Date' in the filters.
- You can edit the widget to add data labels by clicking the three-dot mention in the second menu ribbon and then clicking the box next to 'Values' and then clicking 'Apply'.
- Now your report is ready to view.