This recipe covers how to create a custom Advanced Analytics report to review your projects stages and statuses with an upcoming deadline.
- Skill level: Beginner
- Time needed: 10 minutes
- Plan required: Forecast Lite, Pro or Plus plan + Advanced Analytics
- Permissions required: Designer permissions (See Getting Started with Advanced Analytics)
- Data required: Projects running with defined 'End Date'
Creating the report in Advanced Analytics
- In Advanced Analytics, open or create a Dashboard where to add the new widget.
- In your dashboard, click on '+ Widget' button on the top right.
- In the pop-up click on 'Select Data' to open the Data Browser.
- Within the Data Browser select or search for what you want to report on. In this case let's select 'Project Name', 'Project Stage' and 'Project Status Color'.
- Click on Advanced Configuration.
- In the Visualization settings, select the 'Column' chart type.
- In order to visualize the data correctly, drag and drop 'Project Name' from Categories to Values on the left side of your report. This will rename the option to '# of unique Project Name' and display the number of projects correctly in the column chart.
- Now it is time to add a Filter to restrict the amount of projects to review. In this case we're looking for projects that have a deadline this month, so we can ensure action is being taken and that they are delivered on time. Click on the 'Filters' header on the right side of your report.
- Click on the '+' add symbol next to Widget Filter.
- Click on Create at the bottom. Your report will look like the screenshot below:
Article is closed for comments.