Quick Access: Reports > All Reports > New Report > Task Report
Forecast's Task Report is an extensive, comprehensive standard report that focuses on tasks across the whole organization. This is a useful report if you want to get a good sense of all the tasks that your business is working on. Only Admins, Controllers, and Coordinators are able to view the Task report.
The company portfolio page (company name tab) is accessible, by default, by everyone but Collaborators.
This article will cover:
Understanding the Task report
- The task report provides a detailed breakdown of each task for a given period.
- The data can be displayed for any given period.
- The report draws data from across the entire portfolio of projects gathering information on the tasks
- It is up to the project manager to decide what data will be displayed on the report at any time.
- It is possible to export the report as a CSV at any time.
Breakdown of the Task Report
The general settings of the report give anyone with access to the report the ability to ensure that the information displayed on that report is correct. The settings are as follows:
|Naming the report
|It is possible to name or change the name of the report by clicking on the space where the name already exists in the upper left-hand corner of the report.
|This setting determines the desired date range that the reort should cover. Both the start and end date of the report can be changed at any time.
The first setting on the right side of the report allows for any changes made to the report like a new name, new periods, and new data, to be saved.
To the left of the save report button, it is possible to view who last edited the report and saved it.
This setting allows for the grouping of the displayed data based on specific criteria that can be selected from the dropdown menu. Users have the option to choose between the following: no grouping, group by either project, phase, client or role.
When choosing to group data, it is possible to add another layer of grouping to the displayed data, e.g. users can choose to group data by person and they can then further group that data by a variety of criteria.
|Export as CSV
To the right of the save report button is the export as CSV button. Clicking this will download the report in a CSV format.
Important to note here that the CSV will NOT download the nested information but only the first layer of information.
Warning: Users may export up to 50k rows of data at one time.
The eye icon can be found next to the download as CSV button.
This feature allows for either showing or hiding specific information within the report, depending on user needs.
Next to the eye icon is the filters button.
By applying filters, users can weed out unnecessary information in order to focus in on what they're looking for.
The details table can be found below the general settings. The details table displays all of the data that has been enabled for display in the report. The way that the details table is structured is as follows:
- First layer shows the default columns with the resources totals for the period of time that the report is looking into and for the categories (data) that have been enabled through the eye icon.
- Nested layer goes into more detail when opting for the grouping of the data by further breaking it down based on the grouping category. This means that the nested layer will show the exact data for the period of time that the report is looking into.
Warning Please be advised that the CSV export of the report will only download the first layer of information and not the nested layer.
The report's default state before grouping/applying filters. Users will be greeted with the entire list of tasks when generating the report.
Managing the data displayed
The data that is displayed on the Task report may vary as one project manager might be interested in time registered while another might be interested in financial information. To that end, it is possible to decide what data is displayed through eye icon feature.
To disable/enable information from the report
- Click on Reports.
- Select All reports.
- Click on an existing Task Report or, for a new report, click on New Reports and select Task Report.
- Click on the eye icon.
- Select any of the available options or just any of their nested options.