Quick Access: Company Portfolio > Reports > New Report > Time Registered Report
Forecast's Time Registered Report is a detailed, comprehensive standard report that focuses on the registered time across the whole organization. Only Admins, Controllers, and Coordinators are able to view the report.
The company portfolio page (company name tab) is accessible, by default, by everyone but Collaborators.
This article covers:
- Understanding the Time Registered Report
- Breakdown of the Time Registered Report
- Managing the data displayed
Understanding the Time Registered Report
- The time registered report provides a detailed breakdown of each team member's time registrations for a selected time frame.
- The desired time frame can be selected from the date picker by adjusting the start and end date.
- The report draws data from the time registrations/timesheets.
- That data is then added up, and presented in the report broken down into various categories that can be shown/hidden using the eye icon.
- The presented data can be grouped in 2 layers making the report more structured.
- It is up to the project manager to decide what data will be displayed on the report at any time.
- It is possible to export the report as a CSV at any time.
Breakdown of the Time Registered Report
The general settings of the report give anyone with access to the report the ability to ensure that the information displayed on that report is correct. The settings are as follows:
|Naming the report||It is possible to name or change the name of the report by clicking on the space where the name already exists in the upper left-hand corner of the report.|
|Date Picker||This setting determines the desired date range that the reort should cover. Both the start and end date of the report can be changed at any time.|
The first setting on the right side of the report allows for any changes made to the report like a new name, new periods, and new data, to be saved.
To the left of the save report button, it is possible to view who last edited the report and saved it.
This setting allows for the grouping of the displayed data based on specific criteria that can be selected from the dropdown menu. Users have the option to choose between the following: no grouping, group by either person, project, task, client, department or role.
When choosing to group data, it is possible to add another layer of grouping to the displayed data, e.g. users can choose to group data by person and they can then further group that data by a variety of criteria.
|Export as CSV||
To the right of the save report button is the export as CSV button. Clicking this will download the report in a CSV format.
Important to note here that the CSV will NOT download the nested information but only the first layer of information.
Warning: Users may export up to 50k rows of data at one time.
The eye icon can be found next to the download as CSV button.
This feature allows for either showing or hiding specific information within the report, depending on user needs.
Next to the eye icon is the filters button.
By applying filters, users can weed out unnecessary information in order to focus in on what they're looking for.
The details table can be found below the general settings. The details table displays all of the data that has been enabled for display in the report. The way that the details table is structured is as follows:
- First layer shows the default columns the resources totals for the period of time that the report is looking into and for the categories (data) that have been enabled through the eye icon.
- Nested layer goes into more detail when opting for the grouping of the data by further breaking it down based on the grouping category. This means that the nested layer will show exactly where and for how long a resource was assigned during the period of time that the report is looking into.
The report's default state before grouping/applying filters. Users will be greeted with this when generating the report.
Managing the data displayed
The data that is displayed on the project portfolio report may vary as one project manager might be interested in actuals while another might be interested in forecasted information. To that end, it is possible to decide what data is displayed through eye icon feature.
To show/hide information from the report
- Click on the Company Portfolio (Company name).
- Click on Reports.
- Click on an existing Utilization Report or, for a new report, click on New Reports and select Utilization Report.
- Click on the eye icon.
- Select any of the available options or just any of their nested options.