Nova Insights gives you a quick, easy, and understandable overview of how your projects are running. Immediately see how each part of your project is faring with our traffic light system, and dive deeper into where you need to take action with our intelligent insights. This article will focus on the Predicted project end aspect of Nova Insights. If you are interested in the other two aspects of Nova Insights please visit our articles Nova Insights: Team Focus and Nova Insights: Team Performance.
This article includes:
Project management has so many moving parts and it can be difficult to understand where time is most needed. PMs can be overwhelmed with managing many different projects running at the same time. With this feature, it is possible to get quick access to information on how your projects are running and where you should focus your efforts to resolve issues. Make important decisions easily by understanding the areas that require action, and what that action should focus on (for example missing time entries, budget overspending, etc.)
How it works
For the Predicted project end aspect of Nova Insights to work it is necessary to have the Team Focus and Team Performance aspects up and running.
The information gathered from these two aspects will be digested by the AI and a predicted project end will be presented. The chart below explains how the information is digested and how Nova Insights comes up with the predicted project end result.
The graph breaks down the information that is present with the number of hours for planned work and done work. These are then calculated and broken down by an optimistic prediction, a predicted end, and a more conservative prediction. The chart contains the following information:
- Deadline: This is the original project deadline as it was set on project creation.
- Planned Work: This is the number of hours of planned work to date.
- Done Work: This is the number of hours of done work to date.
- Remaining Allocation: This is the number of hours that have not yet been allocated to team members.
- Task Performance: This percentage is based on the last 30 days of the project's life. The percentage derives from the hours estimated vs the hours registered on tasks.
- Team Focus: This percentage is based on the last 30 days of the project's life. The percentage is derived from the number of hours the team was allocated to the project vs the number of hours registered.
- Optimistic Prediction: This is the optimistic end date prediction that the AI produces.
- Predicted End: This is the more realistic end date prediction that the AI produces.
Conservative Prediction: This is the conservative end date prediction the AI produces.
Accessing Nova Insights
Nova Insights can only be accessed by users with Admins and Controllers permission profiles.
To access Nova Insights
- Click on the Projects tab.
- Open a specific project.
- Click on the Nova Insights tab, next to the Budget tab.
- Click on the See More to open the pop-up containing additional information regarding the Predicted Project end.