Grouping team members into teams allows users to add multiple team members to a projects at once, instead of adding them individually. To be able to assign teams to a project, first users need to set them up in the admin panel, which is is explored in detail in Adding and managing teams.
If the users aren't added to the project, they will not be able to access the project within Forecast.
Project Managers can add an individual or a team to their projects in two ways:
Adding teams or individuals while creating a project
The most convenient way to assign a team to a project is to do so at the beginning of creating project.
To assign teams or individuals to a new project
- Go to the Projects tab.
- Click New Project.
- Fill in the details for the new project.
- Click Save And Continue.
- Select a team or individuals from the dropdown menu.
- Click Assign.
Adding teams or individuals through project settings
The second option users have when it comes to assigning a team to a project is through the project settings.
To assign a team or individuals from the project settings
- Select a project to assign a team to.
- Click the three-dots icon on the project menu bar.
- Select Project Settings.
- Click Team.
- Click Add people to project.
- Select the desired team or individuals from the dropdown menu.