This article includes:
Enabling the Outlook Calendar integration in Forecast
Enabling Outlook Calendar Integration is really easy and straightforward, you just need to follow the below steps:
Click on Admin in the top bar.
Select Integrations from the dropdown.
Locate Calendar and click to access the integration's page.
- Click on Activate.
Linking an individual's calendar to Outlook
- Click on your name in the upper-right corner and select My Profile.
- Scroll to Calendar Integration
- Copy your unique iCallink
- Move to Outlook Calendar (web app or native app)
If you are on Outlook WebAccess (for Native App users, scroll further down)
5. Click Add calendar > From Internet
6. Insert your iCal link into "Link to the calendar", give it a name and click Save
If you are on Outlook Native app
5. Click File > Account Settings > Account Settings. On the Internet Calendars tab, click New.
6. Insert your iCal link from Forecast into the text field
7. In the Folder Name field, type the name of the calendar as you want it to appear in Outlook, and then click OK.
Your assigned tasks from Forecast should now appear in your calendar.
Viewing Forecast tasks in Outlook
Tasks and their information are displayed as an all-day calendar event, which can be opened directly from Outlook to register time against them. Once the integration is complete and the tasks show up in your calendar, you can:
- See main task information such as the task ID, the task name and the project that belongs to
- Click on a task and select to open the actual task and register time. You can also see the description if you have added it.
Removing Forecast from your Outlook integration
- Click on the main burger menu at the top left side.
- Scroll down to Other Calendars and find Forecast.
- You can either remove the check mark to disable the display of the tasks, or completely remove Forecast by clicking on the three-dots icon and select Remove to remove the Forecast Calendar from Outlook.