Month of December 2020
- Fixed overview of sent and paid invoices in your project budgetThe budget page now includes the amounts of your invoices that are sent and paid. This was not showing up before and gives you now a proper undestanding of the invoices and payments that you have sent and received when monitoring your project financials.
- Control your profit margin in the budget overview
With our latest update of the budget page you can now add your profit margin to the project totals on the budget page. Enable this additional information with the eye icon on your budget page.
- Create tasks in Forecast for your Jira projects using custom fields
When you synced your Jira projects in Forecast and set up custom fields in Jira to be mandatory, those required fields will now also be displayed when creating a jira issue from a Forecast task. This aligns the syncing of your projects and issues between Jira and Forecast even more.
- Azure DevOps Integration - Epic support
The Azure DevOps integration is updated with support for Azure DevOps epics. The epics of your ADO projects are created as phases in Forecast and work in the same way as an Azure DevOps feature.
Month of November 2020
- Limited information for Client users
With the new updated Filter opportunities, client users get a more intuitive experience when filtering. As of today, they can no longer filter on the entire resource pool, but are limited to only see the team members & Labels tied with the project.
- Dates, time & comments!
Struggling to remember when you made changes or added a comment to a task is no longer a thing. With this new update, you can clearly see when who commented - both from a date and time perspective, even if you or a team member commented over a year ago. Simply look at a task and hover over the date to see the time stamp.
- Forecast invoicing gets better and better!
- The totals in your invoicing overview will now alwyas show the complete total and not change based on the date range chosen. This helps you to understand the invoiced and uninvoiced amounts across budget types.
- As an improvement for Retainer projects it is now possible to invoice the target amounts of the locked retainer periods and not the actuals anymore, as we found out in out in the conducted research that this is the more usual use case across retainer projects.
- The line items in Time & Materials invoices show now the amount of time registered no matter what grouping was selected in the invoice. This gives you and your clients the transparency needed to comprehend the invoiced amounts.
- You can now add descriptions of 1000 characters to your invoice lines and a larger field and line breaks make it easier to input all information your client needs in their invoice.
- To share invoiced time registrations from Time & Material invoices we now enable you to download time registrations from your sent Time & Materials invoices.
- Categorize your expenses
Expenses in Forecast help you to add cost and revenue items that are not connected to specific tasks to your project budget. With the new expense categories that you can set up in your Admin panel in the Finance settings you can group your project expenses under customized categories. This makes it easier for your to gain an overview of your travel expenses, server cost or other expenses.
- Sync one Jira project to multiple Forecast projects - with epics
The latest improvement of the Jira integration makes it possible to sync one Jira project with multiple Forecast projects using epics. You can now sync specific Jira epics to their own Forecast projects. This allows for product teams that work in a large Jira project to keep working in Jira like they used to but the financial monitoring, resource management and reporting in Forecast can be split up per epic.
- Which Jira users to link with Forecast users - the decision is yours!
When syncing your Jira instance with your Forecast account you can now decide on your own which users should be synced and which Jira user corresponds to which Forecast user. This is especially handy if you already created some of your team members in Forecast and want to link thise users to existing Jira users. In the user profile of your team members you can now create, edit and delete links between Jira and Forecast users.
Month of October 2020
- Bringing MS Teams & Forecast together
With the new release to the Forecast app catalog, we've made it even easier to align your teams around a common goal. Take collaboration to the next step and connect project teams across MS Teams & Forecast for more accessible communication.
- Get paid for the work you do - Invoicing made even easier
Empowering you to align the work you've done with your favorite accounting solution, we've given the integration to QuickBooks, Xero, and e-conomic a revamp so that you can monitor payments across the portfolio with ease. Try it out.
- All your financial information in one
Access all relevant info about the finances in the new "Finance" tab in the Admin panel. Here you access:
- Rate Cards
- Expense categories
- Get a faster overview
Our brilliant UX team has researched how it's possible to make it easier to digest and get an overview of your finances. They found out that if there is no value in a column, it becomes more difficult to digest the info than if it were just a "-" So from now on, that is what you'll see.
Month of September 2020
- In a timely matter
Or solely ensuring no one forgets to register time. With the feature "Time reminder," you can send emails directly to your employees from Forecast. But don't worry, we won't chase them, they will only receive a friendly reminder via email. Go check it out; you'll find it under the Admin panel & the Notification center. Here you can schedule the reminders.
- Greyed out time input fields
Ever experienced that someone by accident registered time on a halted or done project? With the new greyed out time input fields, we've made it more apparent to everyone that it's impossible to register time on this task.
- Merge Phases on the Scoping page
Fast, efficient and with less clicks! With the new merge functionality on the Scoping page, you now have the possibility to merge Phases. You'll especially find it very handy when working in a project synced to several integrations.
- My Work - your personal space to manage your work
- Projects - dedicated space to manage all assigned projects
- Your company portfolio - manage and track your portfolio of resource, projects reports & invoices in one place.Enjoy a more productive workspace with the new release of the Forecast Navigation.
We've sorted all of your favourite pages into three different workspaces.
- Client page
Keep track of all your clients on the dedicated client page, and track how they contribute to your sustainable growth. With the new functionality added to Forecast, every client you've ever invoiced can't be deleted. This ensures you can always find historical data on each client and helps you spend time where it matters.
- Updates to the API key
As an essential part of rolling out new features, we update the API on an ongoing basis. This update now includes the Schedule logic. Enjoy!
- Expanding the timeline
Get the full overview of the entire project plan in an instant when looking at the project timeline. With this new functionality, we'll always show you the folded out timeline, but if you want to drill further into each Phase, you'll have to unfold it yourself.
Month of August 2020
- A dedicated personal work space
With tasks piling up, it’s so easy to get overwhelmed and lose focus. Forecast’s newly released ‘My Task’ page takes the stress out of organizing personal tasks, so every team member knows exactly what to work on and when.
- Updated terminology
On the scoping page, you’ll experience a change in the terminology used around price. From today, Plan price will be Plan Revenue, whereas Actual Price is Actual Revenue.
Ever wondered what day it was?
Now you never have to worry about that again. When you register time on the Timesheet page it will automatically highlight the day it is.
Who Made Who
.. well not the actual band! But with the new possibilities in the Admin panel under 'People', you can see who created users and when they were created.
The new Filter enables you to tailor your view helping you focus on the right things. Not only do you get a lot of new possibilities to filter on, you now also have the possibility to save them for future use and access them outside the Filter button.
Month of July 2020
- Reduce complexity and keep productivity high with Simplified Schedule
With the brand-new update to Schedule, the management of your resources will be the most flawless and fastest part of your everyday.
- Brighten your day with colors
Attain a peaceful mind with the new colors added to the platform. The colors are ranging from yellow to purple, grey, blue, and green, helping you distinguish between Planned (green), Target (dark blue), Actuals (light blue), Remaining (purple), Allocations (yellow) and Time Off (grey).
- Remove the noise and ensure focus is kept with the new My work page
Struggling to see how much is planned for the week? With the new My Work page, you'll immediately see upcoming tasks, deadlines, and what is prioritized for you or a team member. With features like starring tasks and real-time updated statistics like weekly progress, deadlines, and time entries, you'll always have relevant insights available at your hand.
- Approved or unapproved tasks
Distinguish between unapproved or approved tasks. With the new addition to the task modal everyone can see if a task is approved or not. Marking a task as unapproved will ensure the tasks aren't reflected in the project's planned price and the team members' workflows.
- Labeling tasks
The AI assists you in adding labels to tasks. Either by suggesting what label to add to a single task, or automatically while editing several tasks. Whether you pick the labels yourself, or the AI assists you, the labels will help you more easily sort and find tasks. If you wish to export the Scoping or the Sprint page, Labels will also be included there.
- Extended Support Hours
We now have new extended support times! Customers located in the US, Canada, Mexico, Australia & New Zealand will now have more time to reach out to our support team. The availabilities are:
- 7:00am - 8:00pm (Eastern Time)
- 7:00am - 7:00pm (Central Time)
- 7:00am - 6:00pm (Mountain Time)
- 7:00am - 5:00pm (Pacific Time)
- 3:00pm - 10:00am (+1) Australian Eastern Standard Time
- 7:00am - 2:00am (+1) Central European Standard Time
Month of June 2020
With new functionalities added to Scoping, Sprints, and Workflow, you can easily manage workloads, improve workflows, and save time on repetitive manual tasks.
- Bulk select
Reduce time spent on repetitive manual tasks with the new Bulk select. Have the AI assist you in finding the right people, make edits to the entire group of tasks, move or delete tasks in a few clicks.
- Group by role
Save time when monitoring the workload for roles in Scoping, Workflow, and Sprints. Instantly shift the view to either Group by Role, Persons, or Empty persons to see who has time to take on more work.
- Efficiently register time
Making it more intuitive and easy to register time causes more accurate data across the entire platform. With the new time entry modal, you just hit the little clock and can log time immediately. No matter what page you are looking at.
Month of May 2020
- Piso: New currency in Forecast
With a population of around 102 million inhabitants and more than 7,000 islands, the Philippines is one of the largest archipelagos in the world. Today we are proud to provide users of Forecast with the option of adding the Philippino currency, Piso. To many just pronounced as Peso, but if you want to get it right, the currency has, since 1967, been called Piso to reflect the spoken language.
- AI-powered labels in Financial Portfolio Report
Managing successful projects and companies often boil down to having the overview and spend time the most optimal way. To the Financial Portfolio Report, we've made it easier to see the AI-powered labels and use it to build a sustainable future. If you haven't already tested, go check it out.
Month of April 2020
- Actual billable utilization with a single click
Have clear insights into how successful you are in converting capacity into revenue. With the latest add-on to the Resource Utilization report, you can easily monitor and compare planned vs. actual billability. See the billability in hours or percentage. All data is aggregated across the entire platform to help you reduce administrative tasks and spend more time planning where to optimize.
- Off for vacation, or need to register time on non-project time?
With the new functionality added to Schedule, it's now possible to add vacation or other non-project time-related activities directly on the Schedule page and see the hours booked reflected immediately on the Timesheet.
- Timing is everything
Some of you are registering time down to one single minute, and others are summing it up. No matter how you prefer to do it, we've made it more intuitive to add the propper time registration. It's not only making time registration more efficient it's also reducing potential human errors and providing you with more detailed insights into every corner of the project and business. If you haven't already noticed it, go test it out
Month of March 2020
- New Dramatically Improved Timesheets
Even though time registrations are so important, most people prefer to get done as fast as possible. We want to help you do that. Therefore we've given the Timesheet page a significant overhaul. Both design wise, UX wise, and last but not least, powering it even more robust with AI. All our Beta users have been giving it excellent scores, so we are so proud to be able to share it with you all finally. Want to read more about the updates?
Month of February 2020
- Plan projects with the ease of Artificial Intelligence
Creating the perfect project plan has, for centuries, been the goal for project-based companies around the world. Unfortunately, there is no such thing. Project plans are known for being interchangeable, and to some extent, that is the charm.
At Forecast, we've set out to help project-based companies be more efficient by automating manual, tedious tasks that make life as a project manager tough.
Auto Schedule, the newly released feature from Forecast, will change the way to you plan projects. Powered by AI project plans are automatically created with resources assigned and a set delivery date within seconds. The AI learns for your previous work and helps you predict what is coming up, prepping you with the knowledge while improving workflows. And even if changes appear, Auto Schedule can be reapplied with ease.
Sounds like something you'd like to try?
- Introducing powerful tools to manage your retainers
Automating project plans and helping you build a sustainable business with insights into each project has been extended. With the release of Retainers, the platform now offers project-based companies that wish to go into the new era of running a business a unique solution to run everything from Fixed Price and Time and Material projects to Retainers.