Forecast's company timesheet provides employees with the bigger picture of what they and their colleagues have been working on and the time spent. They can look back at their workloads and optimize productivity where needed, while also keeping tabs on what everyone else has been doing. Project Managers can easily review their entire company or team's time registrations within the current or past weeks to understand progress and how resources are utilized.
This article includes:
Viewing the Company Timesheet
To be able to view the company timesheets page, you have to, at least, have the permission level of coordinator. Moreover, managers, controllers, and admins are all able to view it. To access it:
- Click on Resourcing on the top bar.
- Head to Timesheet Entries.
The page will reflect all of your team members' time registrations for the week that you are currently viewing. In particular, you can:
- View in every line the person's time registration for each day of that week
- View a breakdown of the project/non-project time that they have registered time on during that week by day, by clicking on the dropdown button that appears to the left of the team members' name.
- Review the total hours registered by your team members, under the Week Total column.
- Access team members' personal timesheets, by clicking on the list button that appears when you hover over an individual's timesheet.
The Timesheet checks for expected time registration submissions for the week, at the end of each week, and at the start of the following week. The expected time submissions are based on the individual's working hours set in their profile. See Setting up individual working hours for more info.
If the total of expected hours doesn't match the submitted time registrations for a particular individual, this is highlighted in the timesheet with a red exclamation point within the Total field.
Hover over the exclamation button, and click on the envelope button to send a reminder to that individual to register time for that week.
The page has a few additional functionalities that make it easier to use and navigate through the information provided.
Use the arrows next to the date selector, in the left-hand corner of the page, to navigate through the weeks. Click on Today to return to the present week.
You may use the filters to filter by people and narrow down your view of the page. Particularly helpful if you wish to review the timesheets of a single team.