With timesheet approval admins and project owners are responsible for approving their team members' time registrations across all their billable projects, before they can be invoiced.
This article covers:
Setting up timesheet approval
In order to activate an approval process for your team members' timesheets, the functionality will need to be enabled by an administrator.
To set up timesheet approval
- Click on your profile icon.
- Select Admin.
- Navigate to the Time Management tab.
- Toggle on Timesheet Approval.
- If you haven't assigned a project contact to all of your projects you will be prompted to do so here.
Using timesheet approval
With timesheet approval now toggled on, team members must submit their timesheets for approval before they are actually tracked in Forecast.
To submit a timesheet:
- Go to My Work.
- Navigate to My Timesheets.
Select the desired timesheet from a specific week/day you'd like to submit for approval and click Submit Timesheets.
A pop up asks you until which date you'd like to submit your timesheets.
- Once the date's selected, click Save.
Once you click Save, the submitted timesheet will be locked, which means you will be unable to edit, remove or add time entry unless it gets rejected by an admin.
Approving and rejecting submitted timesheets
As an admin or a project owner you are able to either approve the total amount of hours or the hours registered per project, but not hours logged on a task.
Approved timesheets will appear under 'Approved' section in Time Approval, meanwhile rejected timesheets will be placed in the 'Not Submitted' section. Team member's are automatically notified when their timesheet are rejected, but admins can also notify them directly by clicking the mail icon.
To approve/reject a timesheet:
- Go to your Company tab.
- Navigate Time Management.
- Under Time Approval you will find 3 categories: submitted, not submitted and approved.
- Submitted timesheets can be found in the submitted section.
- Click the green checkmark to approve a timesheet.
- Click the red 'X' to reject a timesheet.