Heatmap and Days Off
The People Schedule heatmap will show days that are fully booked as time-off as greyed out, and will not show them as overbooked because of tasks or allocations spanning the time off.
In task mode, the system will try to re-distribute the hours from the task onto dates of the task that are not booked as time off
- For example, I have a 10-hour task spanning Monday to Friday. I am off Tuesday-Friday.
- Currently the system would distribute the task 2 hours per day, showing underbooked on Monday and overbooked Tuesday-Friday (since the 2 hours/day on top of my time off put me 'over').
- With this update, the system would put all 10 hours on Monday, therefore overbooked, and show Tues-Fri as unavailable
- If there are no days in the task dates that the resource is available, the system will distribute the task hours over the task dates and show as overbooked, since there is a 'conflict' of assigning the task while the resource is not working
In project allocation mode, the system will consider a day off as a day with no working hours, like holidays and weekends, showing as greyed out and adding 0 hours to the total hours of the allocation
- For example, I am allocated to a project 100% (40hr/week) for 2 weeks. I have a day off for PTO on Monday of the second week.
- Currently, the system would present the allocation as being for 80 hours and I would be 200% booked on the second Monday.
- With this update, I would show up as unavailable on the second Monday, 100% every other day, and the allocation would total 72 hours instead of 80