The integration between Jira Server and Forecast allows for an in-depth level of project management by utilizing both platforms and ensuring optimal project progress and delivery. Before that can occur, however, the setup of the integration is required. This article provides a step-by-step guide to integrating with Jira Server.
This article includes:
Note: This integration is only available for Jira Cloud and Jira Server. If you're using Jira Data Center, please contact us.
Setting up the JIRA Server integration
Setting up the integration requires some work in both Forecast and Jira. The step-by-step guide below explains the entire process and shows where exactly you should navigate on Atlassian's site as well. Before the procedure may begin from Forecast's side it is necessary to configure some settings in Atlassian first.
Creating an application link in your JIRA profile
The application link is necessary to connect Jira Server with Forecast. To create the application link follow the steps below:
- Navigate to the Jira environment as an Admin.
- Click on Gear icon in the top right and choose Applications.
- Click on Application Links.
- Click on the Create link button.
- Choose External application and Incoming and click on Continue.
- Name the link Forecast and set the Redirect URL to: https://api.forecast.it/jira-server/oauth2. Choose Admin permission and click Save.
- Copy the Client ID and the Client secret.
- In Forecast as an admin go to https://app.forecast.it/settings/integrations/jira-server and click the Activate button if you haven't does so already.
- On the next page paste in the Client ID and the Client secret from step 7 and input your Jira instance URL (example jira.domain.com) and click Activate.
- Click on Allow when asked if Forecast can access your Jira account.