Grouping team members into teams allows users to add multiple team members to a projects at once, instead of adding them individually. To be able to assign teams to a project, first users need to set them up in the admin panel, which is is explored in detail in Adding and managing teams.
If the users aren't added to the project, they will not be able to access the project within Forecast.
Project Managers can add an individual or a team to their projects in two ways:
Adding teams or individuals while creating a project
The most convenient way to assign a team to a project is to do so at the beginning of creating project.
To assign teams or individuals to a new project
- Click on Projects in the top navigation bar.
- Select All Projects.
- Click on New Project on the top-right side of the page.
- Fill in the details for the new project.
- Click Save And Continue.
- Select a team or individuals from the dropdown menu.
- Click Assign.
Adding teams or individuals through project settings
The second option users have when it comes to assigning a team to a project is through the project settings.
To assign a team or individuals from the project settings
- Open a project to assign a team to.
- Select Settings on the left sidebar menu.
- Select Team.
- Click on Add people to project on the top right of the page.
- Select the desired team or individuals from the dropdown menu.