The integration between Azure DevOps and Forecast allows developers to collaborate with other teams and access information held in distributed systems in the end-to-end software delivery value stream. This article details how to import users from Azure DevOps into Forecast.
This article covers:
- Importing new users from Azure DevOps into Forecast
- Linking existing users to Azure DevOps
- Unlinking users from Azure DevOps
- Setting up the Azure DevOps integration for Forecast
- Configuring the data sync between Azure DevOps and Forecast
- Connecting Forecast projects to Azure DevOps
Importing new users from Azure DevOps into Forecast
Once the integration for Azure DevOps has been connected, Forecast Admin users have the option to import users from Azure DevOps into Forecast.
To import users from Azure DevOps:
- Click on Admin from the top bar.
- Select Resources.
- Click on People.
- At the top right of the page, click Import Azure DevOps Users to open the modal.
- In the modal, select the permission profile for the user you are importing from the first dropdown.
- In the second dropdown, select the Azure DevOps project you with to import the user from.
- Use Search for Azure DevOps users to refine the list of users to import.
- Tick the box next to each user you wish to import then select Import Selected DevOps users.
Linking existing users to Azure DevOps
It is also possible to link an existing Forecast Profile with an Azure DevOps user. This is done from within an existing Forecast profile and does not require Admin permissions to complete.
To link an existing Forecast user to Azure DevOps from the user profile:
- Click the Profile icon from the top left.
- Click Profile.
- Scroll down to the section Azure DevOps.
- Click the Link button
- In the modal, select the Azure DevOps project from which you wish to link the user from.
- Use Search for Azure DevOps users to refine the list of users displayed.
- Tick the box next to each user you wish to import then select Link to Azure DevOps.
Note: The Azure project selected does not have to be synced with Forecast nor will it be synced to Forecast by selecting it here. The selected project is used only as a filter to show the users to import.
Unlinking Users from Azure DevOps
If a Forecast profile link to Azure DevOps is no longer needed, the profile can be unlinked or disconnected from Azure DevOps.
To unlink a Forecast profile from Azure DevOps
- Access the user Profile.
- Scroll to the Azure DevOps section.
- Click Unlink.
- In the confirmation window, click Unlink to complete the action.
- The connection between the Forecast user's profile and Azure is now disconnected.