Our mission at Forecast is to help you do the best work of your life by unlocking the power of intelligence.
In this guide, you will learn how to:
- Make the most of your Forecast experience
- Identify your resource management strategy
- Set up your company’s Admin panel including resources, teams, projects, rates, expenses and more
- Create and manage projects
- Maximize resource efficiency and utilization
- Evaluate company portfolio performance
- Make on the go decisions and accurately track project performance using AI insights
- Integrate Forecast with your existing tools and software systems
- Rollout Forecast to your business and onboard your users with ease
In order to make the most of your Forecast experience, there are a few things you should consider before setting up your Admin panel:
- Resource Management Strategy
- How does your team work currently? Is it Agile or Waterfall?
- Do you know the full scope of a project when planning, or do you work in milestones/phase and sprints?
- What existing processes and practices are already in place that you want to improve and maximize efficiency of?
- Who are your resources, what departments/teams do you have?
- What roles and skills do they posses?
- What is your team organizational structure and how is your team categorized?
- Do you have existing time tracking or project management tools?
- Financial Goals
- What are your company’s financial goals?
- Who are key stakeholders and what do they look for?
- What reporting tools will you utilize?
- Who are your clients?
- What are their rates?
- What currency/ies do you work with?
- Do you have existing Accounting software to integrate with Forecast?
- Team Resources
- Who are your key team members and stakeholders?
- How will you organize your teams and resources?
- Who will need access to Forecast?
- What level of access will each user need? Are they managing clients, planning projects, performing administrative duties or otherwise contributing to project collaboration?
- What is your onboarding and rollout strategy?
- What integrations might you need or want, even in the future?
- What existing tools, systems or processes do you currently use?
- Will you be replacing these with Forecast or do you want to work cohesively across various platforms?
Now that you have determined your Forecast onboarding strategy, let’s start setting it up!