Zapier lets you connect Forecast with thousands of popular apps to build custom automation in just a few minutes (no coding skills required!). Use Forecast as a Trigger to push your project and task data to other systems with Zaps. Use Forecast as an Action to create projects or tasks based on external triggers so you don’t have to manually transfer the data between systems.
Setting up the integration
- Go to the Zapier integration in your Forecast Admin panel on the top right of the page.
- Click the unique link, which leads you to Zapier.
- Sign in with your Zapier account.
- Click the Accept Invite & Build a Zap button
- Build your first Zap with Forecast
Note: You can also find a list of suggestions in the Zapier Integration page in Forecast.
- When creating a new Zap, you first need to select the Trigger Action (in this example when a new email arrives in a Gmail inbox)
- Look for and select Forecast and then select the Action started by that trigger (in this example Create New Task in Forecast)
Note: Available actions in Zapier for Forecast are: Create new task and Create new project.
- Connect your Forecast account to the Zap and select the details for the New Task
- After filling in the necessary fields, click on Publish Zap.
You can check your created ZAPs in the Home part of the Zapier platform where you can edit them or turn them on/off.
Article is closed for comments.