- Setting up the integration
- Attaching Google Drive files to tasks
- Uploading Google Drive files to projects
Setting up the integration
To set up the Google Drive integration, admin access is required as the setup takes place entirely on the Admin panel of the account.
To set up the Google Drive integration
- Click Admin in the top bar.
- Select Integrations from the dropdown.
- Under File sharing, Productivity and Calendars, click on Google Drive.
- Click Enable to complete the setup. It will now be possible to upload files from Google Drive, to both projects and tasks.
Attaching Google Drive files to tasks
Now that the integration is set up, there are two ways that it is possible to upload files from Google Drive to Forecast. One of them is to directly upload files to tasks.
To upload files from Google Drive to tasks
- Click on a task so that the task modal opens.
- From the task modal click on the three-dot menu located in the upper right-hand corner of the modal.
- Click on Attach files from Google Drive.
- Before proceeding, if this is the first time a file is uploaded, it is necessary to log in to a Google account. Once this is done, all of the Google Drive files that are seen by the account that was signed into will appear on a modal.
- Find the one that needs to be uploaded and click on Select.
The file will then be uploaded to the task and it can be accessed from the task modal.
Uploading Google Drive files to projects
The Google Drive integration may also be used to upload files directly into projects. These files can be anything related to the project, such as CSVs, contracts, etc. Note that files are not uploaded to Forecast but will be linked to their original Google Drive url. Files in Forecast will always be up to date when a file is updated in Google Drive.
To upload Google Drive files to projects
- Click Projects in the top bar.
- Select All Projects from the dropdown.
- Click on the project you want to upload files to.
- In the left side panel, click Files.
- From the files page, click on Upload which is located in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.
- Click on Google Drive. It might be necessary to log in to the Google account that should be linked.
- As with tasks, the same modal will appear. Find the file that needs to be uploaded and click on it.
- Click on Select to upload it to the project.
- The file will now be uploaded to the project and can be accessed and downloaded at any time.