When creating a new project you have the ability to associate to it a specific rate card to define your project work rates and estimate cost. In case of uncertainty regarding which rate card to assign to your project, this can always be done later on from the project settings. See Configuring your rate cards to learn more about how to create them from scratch.
This article covers:
Adding a rate card to a project
You can directly associate a rate card to a new project, while creating the project. However you can also select the rate card later on, once you have confirmed your rates.
To add a rate card to a project
- Click New Project.
- Fill in the details for your project.
- Select the budget type.
- Click the dropdown menu under 'Select Rate Card'.
- Pick the rate card you'd like to use in your new project.
- Click Save and Continue.
Changing the project rate card
If for some reason the initial rate card you chose for your project is incorrect or the rates don't apply anymore, you can easily change your rate cards from the project settings. This new specific rate is immediately attached to your project, and will be reflected in the budget.
To change a rate card in a project
- In the Projects tab, select the project that you'd like to change.
- Click the three-dots icon in the navigation bar.
- Select Project Settings.
- Click Financials.
- Click the dropdown menu under 'Rate Card'.
- Select the new rate card.