As a company, we register our time entries to Tempo and they then appear in Jira. Is there a way for those time entries to appear in Forecast?
Yes, once the connection between Jira and Forecast is made, it is possible to also sync a Tempo environment to a Forecast account. This is done by producing a Tempo token. You can learn how to generate a Tempo token here.
Once the token is generated one of the Admins in Forecast can input the token in the appropriate field which can be found in Jira's integration menu. To reach it follow the steps below.
Inputting the Tempo token in Forecast
- Click on the profile icon.
- Click on Admin.
- Click on the Integrations tab.
- Scroll until you find the Jira Cloud menu and click on it.
- Paste the token in the field under Tempo Timesheets.
- Click on Submit to finalize the process.
Once this is done the connection between the three platforms will be enabled and hours registered in Tempo for Jira will appear in Forecast.