This article contains all the necessary links to our resources regarding the integration between JIRA and Forecast.
This article includes:
About the JIRA integration
The integration between Jira and Forecast allows for an in-depth level of project and program management by utilizing both platforms and ensuring optimal project progress and delivery. It allows for a combined 2-way workflow between both platforms thanks to Forecast's ability to seamlessly sync projects and their components.
The JIRA integration with Forecast enables linking, tracking, and synchronization of information between JIRA issues (Cloud and Server) and Forecast tasks. This gives project managers the ability to track tasks (issues) and their progress across platforms and utilize both platforms to maximize efficiency.
While JIRA assists with project management, Forecast can assist with tracking the financials of a project along with program-, capacity and resource management and reporting.
- Only one JIRA instance can be connected to a Forecast account at any time.
- While numerous epics and projects can come over to Forecast from JIRA there is a limit.
- A Forecast project may only connect to JIRA epics and projects, not boards.
- It is not possible to choose which issues and subtasks come over from JIRA to Forecast. If issues belong to an epic and/or project that is synced to a Forecast project they will all come over.
- Forecast does not support all custom fields available for creation in Jira Cloud. Primarily, Forecast supports types of inputs that are based on text and numbers. If a custom field is created in Jira that is not supported by Forecast the below message will appear.
- Forecast projects linked to a JIRA project cannot be included in connected projects.
Moving a Jira sub-task will not be reflected in Jira. (this action is not available via the Jira API)
Moving a common issue (User Story, Task, etc.) under another common issue will not have any effect in Jira and will not change the issue type of a task.
Moving an epic under another epic has no effect.
Moving a sub-task issue under another sub-task issue has no effect.
Installation and configuration
- Setting up the Jira Cloud for Forecast Integration
- Setting up the JIRA Server for Forecast integration
- Connecting JIRA and Forecast user profiles