Once a project is created, users have the possibility to manage and edit them through Project Settings.
This article covers the settings available for your Projects:
The project owner or administrators can edit the essential project information, duplicate or delete the project from here. In particular it is possible to configure or update:
- Project name
- Project description
- Project start and end dates
- Project labels
- Project color
Forecast provides five (5) stages that can be selected for your projects. The status is useful to get the project started, get a quick glimpse about the project progress within your dashboard and for reporting purposes.
Overview of statuses:
- Opportunity (Plus only)
- Sprint Planning - The possibility to enable or disable working with sprints as well as to set the duration for a sprint.
- Subtasks - Choose to have the tasks be arranged in a hierarchy for the project.
- Task Monitoring - Use task monitoring to add Followers or Owners to a task. Followers and Owners get task notifications even if they are not assigned to the task themselves.
- Estimation Units - Choose the estimation unit that the project will be using for the time registrations. The two options here are Hours and Points. While hours can be applied in any type of project, points are a viable option for Agile projects.
- Remaining Work Estimate - Choose how the remaining estimates on tasks should be calculated. Users can either opt to re-estimate remaining work manually, or let Forecast automatically calculate it each time a new time registration is made.
- Create New Task (External Access) - Use external access to allow anyone outside of Forecast to add tasks to a project. They won’t be able to see or do anything but create tasks.
Forecast's Baseline feature allows users to pre-scope a project's financials to create a realistic proposal for any potential client. Baseline can help with scoping and can assist with avoiding scope creep. To read more about the feature, take a look at Setting and Reviewing Project Baseline.
Project Budget Type
When creating and working with projects in Forecast, users have the possibility to choose between four (4) distinct budget types depending on the contract they have with their clients. To read more about the different budget types, take a look at Overview of budget types.
With rate cards users are able to assign and set standard billing rates based on the roles they create. Tailor rate cards to a specific client, region or project type. Rate cards are used for assigning the correct rate for the project budget. To read more about rate cards, take a look at Configuring your rate cards and Managing rate cards in projects.
View the team members assigned to the project under Team.
Users also have to possibility to add new team members to the project, remove them from it and assign a project owner. See Adding a team or individuals to a project for more information.
Within this tab the Project Owner can integrate their Forecast project with any supported third party application. See Apps & Integrations for an overview of the available integrations.