Get better visibility of the project pipeline by connecting Hubspot and Forecast.
The Hubspot Forecast integration allows admins to:
- Turn HubSpot Deals into Forecast Projects
- Sync important project information back to HubSpot
- Import clients from HubSpot
This article includes:
- Integration Setup
- Project Information
- Configuring Deal to Project automation
- Link Forecast project to HubSpot deal
- Sync Customers
- Project Templates
To start the process of installing the Hubspot integration, go to the Hubspot integration page in Forecast.
- On the Hubspot integration page click on Activate.
- Login to Hubspot to authorize the integration.
- Choose an account to connect to Forecast.
- You will be redirected back to Forecast and your integration should now be activated!
Forecast project information
Once you activate the integration, we create a group of custom deal properties. The Forecast project information group contains financial numbers, progress, and scopes.
|Actual budget numbers||Actual revenue, cost and profit|
|Baseline budget numbers||Baseline cost and revenue|
|Forecast budget numbers||Forecast cost and revenue|
|Planned budget numbers||Planned cost and revenue|
|Start date||Start date of the project|
|End date||End date of the project|
|Stage||Which Forecast stage the project is in|
|Status||The status of the project (RED, YELLOW or GREEN)|
|Invoiced||Total amount invoiced on the project|
|Invoice paid||Total amount paid from the invoiced total|
|Total scope||Total scoped hours for the project|
|Approved scope||Approved scoped hours for the project|
|Project contact||Contact person of the project|
|Project url||Forecast URL of the project|
|Remaining (hours)||Remaining hours on the project|
|Reported (hours)||Registered hours on the project|
Configuring Deal to Project automation
After activating the integration, the Hubspot integration page should display a table of deal stages in your Hubspot instance. By using this table, you can configure when a Hubspot deal should automatically have a corresponding project created in Forecast.
You can switch between your different pipelines with the dropdown above the table.
In this example, a deal in Hubspot will only be created in Forecast when it reaches the stage of “Qualified to buy”, “Presentation Scheduled”, or “Decision Maker Bought-in”. Once the project is created, it will be automatically moved to the corresponding Forecast stage and updated when it is moved to another stage (eg. a project moving from “Decision Maker Bought-In” to “Contract sent” will be set to “Running” in Forecast).
The win probabilities of Planning / Running / Halted / Done projects are set to 100%. For the deal stages of “Presentation Scheduled”, “Decision Maker Bought-in”, “Contract Sent” and “Closed Lost”, the probability values are having a red warning sign, as they differ from the Hubspot Win Probability.
Linking a Forecast Project to a Hubspot deal
Apart from using the automated flow described above, you can also link your existing Forecast projects and Hubspot deals manually via the project settings page in Forecast.
The process of linking a Forecast project to a Hubspot deal is described in the steps below:
- Go to the projects page and click on the project you want to link.
- Open the project settings page via the three-dots menu in the header.
- Go to the integrations tab
- Scroll down to the Hubspot section, click on the “Link to Hubspot Deal” dropdown and choose which deal you want to link your Forecast project to.
- The name of the chosen deal should appear in the Hubspot section, together with the “unlink” button which you can click on if you want to unlink the Forecast project from the Hubspot deal
Synchronize customers from Hubspot
If you want to import Hubspot companies as Forecast clients, follow the next steps:
- As an Admin, go to the Clients page from the admin panel.
- Click on the “Import from Hubspot” button from the top-right corner.
- The “Synchronize your customers from Hubspot” modal should appear, and you can choose one or multiple clients that you want to import.
- Click on the “Create clients” button, and the newly imported companies should be displayed on the Clients page.
The HubSpot integration also gives you the ability to create project templates. With a project template you can re-use the structure of an existing project and apply it automatically when a new project is created. This is, for example, beneficial if you know that you will frequently apply the same settings to some of your projects. If you are using the same settings when you create a new project this will assist you!
The steps below will guide you with the creation of the templates.
- Enabling templates: To get started, navigate to the HubSpot menu from the integrations catalogue. Once there, scroll to the bottom and click on "Enable" under project templates.
- Creating templates: To create a new template you have to first pick the project on which the template will be based on. To do so, click on the dropdown button under the Project column and select of your Forecast projects.
- Once that is done, remember to add a reference (although it is generated automatically) that will help you find the template easier in HubSpot. Once that is done, click on the green plus and your template is created.
Your template is now created!
Now that your template is created you are able to choose it to bring over certain information such as Settings & Workflow Columns.
You do this by clicking and selecting the properties you wish to bring over. Additionally, you have the option to make one of those templates as the default one. Finally, the 3 dots on the side allow you to delete the template.
Exporting the templates to HubSpot
Now that you have created the template you also need to export it to HubSpot so you can use it.
To do so, simply click on the Export to HubSpot button and after a few seconds a pop up message will inform you that the templates have been synchronized.
If there is something that you would really like to see done (or done differently) in the Hubspot integration, reach out to us!
Article is closed for comments.