The integration between Jira Cloud and Forecast allows for an in-depth level of project management by utilizing both platforms and ensuring optimal project progress and delivery. Before that can occur, however, the setup of the integration is required. This article provides a step-by-step guide to integrating with Jira Cloud so that projects, tasks, epics, and team members between Jira Cloud and Forecast can be synced afterward.
This article includes:
- Integration Setup
Setting up the Jira Cloud Integration
Setting up the integration requires some work in both Forecast and Jira. The step-by-step guide below explains the entire process and shows where exactly you should navigate in Atlassian's site as well.
To setup the Jira Cloud integration
- From anywhere in Forecast, and only as an Admin, click on the profile picture on the right hand side of the corner.
- Click on Admin Panel.
- From the admin panel, click on the Integrations tab.
- Click on the Jira Cloud integration.
- Copy the Jira verification key.
- Click on the link below the verification key that takes you to the Atlassian Marketplace.
- On the page from the link, click Get it now. The site where the link will land should look like the below screenshot.
- Enter the domain of the company in Atlassian in the field in order to install the app, and click on Install app.
- Wait a moment, and Click Get it now in the following window
- In the new pop up window, click Get Started
- Paste the verification key from Forecast (from Step 2 in this article), and click Verify.
The setup is now completed!
Before using the Jira Cloud integration, however, make sure that all team members' Forecast profiles are linked with their Jira profiles. To learn about this process, please visit our article Connect Jira user profiles to Forecast user profiles.