Setup of your Salesforce instance with the Salesforce-Forecast integration components
If you are unfamiliar with the basics of Salesforce, we describe a few ways of utilizing our Salesforce integration package here, however we encourage you to seek Salesforce information and tutorials directly from the source, as it will undoubtedly be concurrent and more comprehensive.
Opportunity Page Layout
In order to display the information on a Forecast project on its corresponding opportunity page, follow these steps:
- Go to your Salesforce instance
- Go to Setup (Click the cog in the top right and select Setup)
- In the left hand sidebar, find the Object Manager
- In the list of objects, find Opportunity and click it
- Click Page Layouts in the left hand menu
- Select Opportunity Layout (or if you have changed the default page, choose your new default)
You will then be presented with a drag-and-drop menu where you can place the fields as you see fit.
We recommend that you create a new section (drag the element labelled Section from the grey menu at the top) and name it Forecast Project, to distinguish the Forecast related fields from the Salesforce ones, but you can set it up as you please by dragging fields from the top menu onto the page. Once you are satisfied with your changes, you can press Save in the top right and view your changed by navigating back to the opportunity page.
Account related Forecast projects
To display the Forecast projects indirectly related to an account,
- Go to an account specific page (A page showing a single account)
- Click the cog in the top left and click Edit Page
- In the left hand menu find Visualforce and drag it onto the page
- Click the element you just dragged onto the page
- In the right-hand menu, under Visualforce Page Name, select Account Related Forecast Projects.
On your reports page, under All Reports you will find a Forecast Projects Report which lists various numbers on existing Forecast projects in your Salesforce instance.