The Forecast My Work page is your personal dashboard. It helps you manage your own work and focus on the tasks for the week, as in the everyday project work it is important to keep an overview of the tasks you have to focus on.
This article covers:
- Viewing your Personal Panel
- Managing your Task list
- Starring tasks
- Viewing other member's assigned tasks
Viewing your Personal Panel
The personal panel on the left side of the My Work page lets you access your profile and shows information about your work progress, your work distribution and your time registrations.
1. Profile - Click on your profile picture to open your personal profile to change your profile settings.
2. Statistics - The week progress shows how much of your work is already done. It increases when you register time or set the status of tasks to 'done'.
The deadlines met statistic displays the number of tasks that have to be finished this week - and how many of them are already done.
3. Time entries - In this graph you can see how much time you have registered on each day of the week and if you have reached your weekly target working hours.
Managing your Task List
In the main section of the My Work page you can see all tasks that you are assigned to and that are planned for this week. Those are the tasks that you should work on in this week. You can also expand on tasks that are overdue, do not have a deadline or are already done.
To manage your tasks
1. Open the task by clicking on the task name, to open the task modal and get more information on the task.
2. When working or completing a task change the task status in the drop down menu.
3. Track time by using the clock icon on the task. The icon will appear when you hover over the time entries column in the task list view. You can log time in the little pop-up without having to open the task itself.
4. To get an overview of a future or past week's workload you can switch the view from this week to the next week by clicking on arrow next to the date field or picking the date right from the date picker. The button 'This Week' brings you back to the current week.
5. Use the eye icon to add more columns to your task list.
For personal prioritization and focus you can activate the star icon on your tasks. Starred tasks are highlighted throughout the platform so you can easily focus on them.
To star a task
- Click on the little star icon at the right-end of a task to activate the star on the task.
- On the My Work page your starred tasks appear in the Starred Tasks section on the right.
- You can choose to expand or collapse the section on your My Work page.
Viewing other member's assigned tasks
To get an overview of another team member's workload in Forecast, users with the permission level of an Admin, Controller or Manager can open the My Work page by impersonating another user.
To view other users' tasks
- Click on MyWork tab.
- Select the team member's name in the dropdown menu on the top left.
- The page will automatically update with the view of the individual select.