Administrators can set up key company information and general account settings through the Details tab in the Admin panel. This article explains the options available and how they affect your Forecast account
Included in this article:
Accessing your Company Account Details
To manage your admin settings:
- Click on your profile icon on the top right
- Select ‘Admin’
- Once the Admin Panel opens, click on the Details tab.
Overview of Company Account Details
In the Details tab you can find generic settings that apply for all your users.
Address and Logo
In the address and logo section you are able to change the following details:
- Company name
- Add/edit Street address, Zip Code, City, Country
- VAT Number: any applicable VAT number for your company.
From here you can set the company-wide currency that your company works with. Whenever you try to create a new rate card for your projects this will be the default currency associated with it. However, you can always swap a rate card to another currency if you have clients that work with other currencies. To learn more see, Configuring your Rate Cards and Configuring Currencies and for more information.
Default Working Hours
From this setting you can set the company default working hours throughout the week. Days that have 0 hours attached to it will be grayed out.
From here you can set the time zone that your company is in, which impacts particular settings like, the chosen time zone defines the time in which notifications are sent.
This is one of the key platform settings to configure how your organization will manage resources to deliver on projects.
- Billable Utilization Target: this is the target you set for your company which can then be viewed in the Utilization Report. To learn more about the Utilization report, see Overview of Utilization Report.
- Resource Organisation: this setting allows you to decide how you want to manage your resources and how you want to view your heatmap e.g. Allocation based or Task-Based.
See Selecting your resource management strategy to read more in details about the below settings:
- Allocating People to Projects: Choose this if you are using an agile approach to project management, encouraging your team to work on different phases of a project simultaneously.
- Assigning People to Tasks: Choose this option if you use a waterfall approach, by having linear system of working on projects that requires your team to complete each project phase before moving to the next one.
From here you can add the main contact information of the person responsible for your Forecast account. This will also inform us who to contact, in case we have to.
Domains that can automatically join this company
With this setting you can allow anyone using Forecast’s login page to join your own Forecast account, based on a particular email domain of your choice. See Automatically Allow Users by Domain for more information.