For a user to be able to work on projects and be assigned to tasks, they first need to be added to the platform as team members. This is the case for all users, including virtual users and system administrators. Adding a new user will give that person access to your account and have a potential impact on your user licenses, based on the permissions selected.
Adding employees manually is a good option for adding a couple of employees. For adding larger groups of employees, we recommend checking out the existing integrations to provision access to Forecast. It is also possible to allow users to automatically join the account, based on the email domains that have been approved by administrators. For more information, see Automatically Invite Users by Domain.
This article will cover:
Adding a team member
Administrators can add users to the account from the Admin panel, however, it is also possible to invite new team members to the account while creating a specific Project.
To add a new team member:
- Click on your profile icon on the top-right of the page
- From the dropdown select Admin > People
- Click Invite New Team Member
- Fill in the user's details
- Full Name (required)
- Email (required)
- Main Role: based on the roles configured under Admin > Roles. To configure roles, see Setting up your company roles.
- Permission (required): use one of the default permission profiles or create a custom one. To manage permissions profiles, see About permissions profiles and how they work.
- Click the + Invite button to send an invitation email (excluding Virtual users)
Note: If you are adding an administrator, you will be required to confirm the action with your password.
Viewing and updating your team members
As administrators, once the first team members are added, it is possible to get an overview of the existing users and update them from the admin settings.